1. Set in the present day, filmed on a home-video camers signified by black and white lines on the screen due to the tape being worn out.
2. Set on a peer signified by mise-en-scene such as boats, dock, life jackets etc
- setting also signifies the characters are middle/upper class that have money.
3. Exposition, uggested they are all sexually active.
4. The scream queen is signified by hair colour and sixze of chest but also the way she speaks and what she says suggesting she is not hugely educated.
5. Transition to a basement, obsessionw ith a jack in the box anchored by numerous close-ups.6. Broken dummy foreshadows what is to come later on.